- Professional / Associate
- Aspiring / Student
- Portrait -- Photographs of individuals or groups, regardless of age or number of individuals, as well as animals. (Exception – those that meet the criteria for Illustrative, Wedding, or Digital Artist categories)
- Scenic -- Scenes or elements from nature where people are not the dominate feature of the image. This includes most nature and landscape photographs.
- Illustrative -- Images such as photographic art, photojournalism, architectural, commercial, or other images that do not fit any of the other categories. Portraits and wedding images are not appropriate for this category.
- Wedding -- Any photographic image from a wedding event or bridal portrait session. Engagement images are not appropriate for this category.
- Digital Artist -- Composites, paintings, and other elements that extend beyond traditional retouching and changing the entire scope of the finished product.
- Album - Albums may be of any subject.
- The member must have captured and created the original image(s), unless included as an element within the Digital Artist category.
- Images and albums that have been previously accepted at a PPSA competition are not eligible. Images and albums scoring an 80 or higher at a State-affiliated guild competition, a District-affiliated competition, the PPA International Photographic Competition, or the World Photographic Cup competition are not eligible.
- An image or album may only be entered once, regardless of calendar year, and whether they are a single digital image, an image in an album, or an element in a collage or composite.
- A subject or model may only be entered or used once per calendar year.
- The entrant’s name or studio name shall not appear anywhere on the face of any entry.
- All entries submitted that include people in their content must have a "Model Release" on file.
- No entry will be eligible that has been made under the supervision of an instructor or as a class assignment
Here is how PrintCompetition.com works:
- Participants must have a membership with PrintCompetition.com. The basic $11 "Standard" membership allows for both entries and online viewing. Members may also choose the "Premium" membership level.
- Entries may only be submitted through PrintCompetition.com
- Files must be sized so the longest dimension is 4,000 pixels. Files must have an embedded color profile of sRGB or Adobe RGB1998 and be saved at a JPEG quality setting of 10. Files should be named with the images "Title" but should not include verbiage that identifies the entrant (example: See_Spot_Run.jpg).
- Entrants must also be registered to attend the monthly membership meeting by the competition start time or your entries will be disqualified.
- LIVE JUDGING will take place on the printcompetition.com platform at 5:30 PM CT on the day of the event. Anyone is welcome to log into the platform and watch competition.
- Winners will be announced at the completion of the judging meeting.
If you have any questions, please email Elizabeth at Elizabeth@ehoman.com.
The Director of Exhibits has the authority to re-categorize, correct data entry discrepancies, or disqualify any entry. Disqualified entries may be judged but are ineligible to receive any awards.
All entries are due no later than 5P.M., the day before the monthly meeting (generally the third Tuesday of the month). The entries must be submitted online at www.PrintCompetition.com
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!